Forest Story
Good day, members of the Forest.

We are proud to announce the re-opening of ForestStory! Please join us again in-game.

Remember to download the new client and .wz files.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forest Story
Good day, members of the Forest.

We are proud to announce the re-opening of ForestStory! Please join us again in-game.

Remember to download the new client and .wz files.

Thank you, and have a nice day!
Forest Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Events

2 posters

Go down

Guide to Events Empty Guide to Events

Post  Valentine Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Here at ForestStory our GMs host events once in a while. Here you'll read about what events we host, the guidelines for events, and the prizes you can get from these events.

Last Updated: June 20

General Information

GMs will not host too many events in succession.

GMs have the final decision regarding the winners of each event.

Use the command @joinevent to join the event if necessary. Be sure to be in the correct channel.

Player-hosted events do not count towards the maximum. GMs will not provide prizes for these player-hosted events. They may help in running these, but they are in no way obligated to.

--------------------------------

Events and Instructions

Jump Quest (JQ)

1. The GM will announce the event and activate the event map, allowing players to use the command @joinevent to participate.
2. Upon entering the map, players must stay at the designated wall to await instructions and the starting signal.
3. After explaining any extra rules and regulations, the GM will give the go for players to start.
4. Players will race each other to complete the JQ up until the point that the GM has designated.
5. The first 3 players to reach the platform that the GM is standing on will receive prizes.
6. There will only be 3 winners, and only 1 round will be done.

Hide and Seek (HnS)

1. The GM will announce the event. There is no need to use @joinevent for this event.
2. The GM will hide in a map - they will be invisible. The GM will continue to announce hints for players to identify the map until a player wins.

Examples of hints and their maps:

Hint 1: A lighthouse in the distance.
Hint 2: Blue sea and blue sky.
Hint 3: An octopus in the town.

Answer: Lith Harbor.

-----

Hint 1: I see undead monsters!
Hint 2: This is a boss map.
Hint 3: What a creepy grave.

Answer: Grave of Mushmom.

3. To win, a player must be in the correct map as the GM and say the keyword - Forest - in that map to let the GM know that they have identified the right map.
4. If the player is in the correct map but has not said the keyword, they will not be recognized by the GM as the winner.
5. Each round will have 1 winner. The winner will receive a prize.

Trivia

1. The GM will announce the event. There is no need to use @joinevent for this event.
2. The GM will then ask a question for players to answer. They will give their answers by whispering the GM hosting the event, or by smega.

Examples of trivia questions and acceptable answers:

Who is the 44th President of the United States?
Accepted Answers: Barack Obama, Obama, President Obama, President Barack Obama, etc.

What is the tallest mountain in the world?
Accepted Answers: Mount Everest, Everest, Mt. Everest, etc.

3. Answers that are spelled wrong will NOT be considered correct.
4. Capitalization is NOT important.
5. The first person to correctly answer the question is the winner, and will receive a prize.

Lyrics

2. The GM will then provide song lyrics. Players must identify both the song title and the artist. They will give their answers by whispering the GM hosting the event, or by smega.

Examples of lyrics and answers:

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a god that I don't believe in
Cause I got time while she got freedom
Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even

Answer: Breakeven by The Script

----

Stop callin, stop callin,
I don't wanna think anymore
I left my head and my heart on the dance floor

Answer: Telephone by Lady Gaga

3. Answers that are spelled wrong and/or are missing parts will NOT be considered correct.
4. The format is NOT important, as long as both the song title and the singer are identified.
5. The first person to correctly identify both the song title and its artist is the winner, and will receive 1 Event Trophy.
6. There will be a maximum of 3 rounds.

Fashion

1. The GM will announce the event and activate the event map, allowing players to use the command @joinevent to participate.
2. The GM will give a theme for players to go by, and will set a time limit. Players must use equips (both NX and regular items are acceptable) to make an outfit that fits the theme best.

Examples of themes and good outfits:

Tropical
Guide to Events 2hy9pon

Winter
Guide to Events 23k2jqs

Opposite Gender
Guide to Events 2liiom1

3. When the time limit is over, players must line up for judging. They will be judged according to originality, relevance to the theme, and overall look. Actions, emotions and effects can be used for a better look.
4. The GM will either announce 3 winners at this point, or will choose players to advance to the next stage to compete with a new theme.
5. At the end of any possible stages the GM does, there will be 3 winners.

More events to be added later.

Last edited by Valentine on Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valentine
Valentine
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

https://foreststory.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Guide to Events Empty Re: Guide to Events

Post  Profanity Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Nice.
You got around all those i know but i think you stil need the Wish list.
the rules goes that there is some teams like from each guild idk.
then the hoster announce a "wish list" then it is the teams job to get all the items on the list.
let example 50 broken horns, 30 dragon skins and more.
then the first team that get all the items to the hoster (the hoster most likely stand in a town like el nath or aquarium) wins.

this one is mostly used when there is few people, but you just put more things to the list depending on how many that join the event Very Happy
Profanity
Profanity

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum